Senior Operations Associate
To serve as manager and primary point of contact for regular, extra, and substitute Choristers and Dancers, and to assist the Interim Assistant Operations Director, and the Operations Department, with administrative functions relating to the Chorus and Dancers in addition to general department duties.
PURPOSE: To serve as manager and primary point of contact for regular, extra, and substitute Choristers and Dancers, and to assist the Interim Assistant Operations Director, and the Operations Department, with administrative functions relating to the Chorus and Dancers in addition to general department duties.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required.
- Minimum one (1) year experience with management of a chorus or similar performing group
PREREQUISITE SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Broad knowledge of opera repertoire. Familiarity with other classical choral repertoire a plus.
- Ability to use imagination, originality, artistic experience, and talent related to a variety of management functions.
- Experience in setting business objectives and planning/executing implementation.
- Experience as a representative of management in dealings with union matters.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications; database skills desirable.
- Ability to work independently; prioritize tasks; and exercise independent judgment and initiative.
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities successfully.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including the ability to interact with all staff in a professional, confidential and tactful manner.
- Outstanding communication, both written and verbal, and organizational skills.
- Reliable daily attendance and punctuality.
- Must perform the functions of the position in a safe manner.
- Ability to work evenings/weekends as necessary.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Primary Personnel Manager for Chorus and Dancers:
- Serve as primary administrative manager and point of contact for all Chorus and Dancer personnel
- Plan, implement, and manage weekly payroll for all Chorus and Dancer personnel
- Work directly with personnel to manage a variety of critical and sensitive personnel matters such as scores, schedules, costumes, payroll, etc.
- Manage the tracking of personnel attendance and leave requests
- Coordinate communication with, and handle matters in consultation with, HR and other departments, including highly confidential matters
- Participate in ensuring the health and safety of personnel in rehearsals and performances, in coordination with Stage Management and HR
- Facilitate communications between personnel and union representatives, as needed
- Manage and implement transportation reimbursements
- Plan and execute new employee orientation, coordinated and conducted in conjunction with HR.
- Participate with Finance and Information Services departments on exploration and possible implementation of upgraded payroll system.
- Participate in the development, communication, and implementation of schedules for the Chorus and Dancers, including rehearsals, fittings, performance details, and professional development activities. Distribute and post Chorus and Dancer schedules as needed.
- Gather, maintain, and disseminate preferred contact information for Chorus and Dancers, and facilitate communication as needed.
- Plan, implement, and manage routine assignments and divisi, working closely with the Chorus Director and Dance Master.
- Plan and manage the preparation, distribution, tracking, and collection of Chorus scores and libretti.
- In consultation with Chorus Master and Interim Assistant Operation Director, participate in the planning and management of Chorus hearings.
- Daily oversight of Chorus and Dancer rehearsal spaces and equipment, and coordination with Facilities, Props, and the Union Steward when support/maintenance is required.
- Participate in the coordination and execution of Chorus and Dance auditions:
- Participate in gathering advance information for vetting by Union representatives
- Share information with current and prospective Choristers and Dancers as needed
- Manage advertising of auditions as appropriate, sometimes in coordination with Marketing and Communications departments.
- Assist in day-of running for auditions
- Assist in post-audition communications with applicants, internal departments, and union representatives.
- Work with union representatives as needed on behalf of management and the company.
- Liaise with Chorus Director, Associate Chorus Master, Dance Master, and Stage Management as needed
- Provide coverage at Chorus and Dance services.
- On an as needed basis, participate with general Operations Department tasks, other than those related specifically to the Chorus and Dancers, such as Orchestra auditions and service coverage, departmental system improvements, special projects, etc.
- Coordinate/maintain Chorus and Dancer photos and biographies for programs and website listings.
- Coordinate with Archives Department to maintain records of Chorus and Dance activity.
- Participate in the Emergency Evacuation Program, and assist in maintaining safety for Choristers and Dancers by implementing safety protocols when needed.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
EQUIPMENT OR MACHINES, IF ANY, THAT MUST BE OPERATED TO PERFORM THE POSITION ACCEPTABLY: Computer, printer, copier, telephone, music binding machine, and other general office equipment and machines.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Indoors with temperature and noise levels typical of this environment
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS INTENDED TO BE AN OVERVIEW OF THE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE STATED POSITION AND IS NOT TO BE CONSTRUED AS ALL INCLUSIVE OF THE DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES OR REQUIREMENTS.
E-mail required job application, cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (415) 634-0203. No phone calls please. San Francisco Opera only retains résumés that are sent in response to specific, posted job openings.
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for this position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
SAN FRANCISCO OPERA IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY OF STAFF