• Design and develop departmental materials, including orientation and welcome packets for visiting artists, cast party invitations and remarks, etc.
• Assist with company general audition sessions, including preparing adjudicator packets and monitoring individual sessions.
• Assist in artistic social media activities including liaising with artists and creative teams for their involvement on SFO media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Blog, etc.)
• Assist with special projects and research related to Artistic and cross-departmental initiatives
• Assist with artist services requests and special events involving company artists
• Assist with data entry management for Artistic Database
• Assist with creating an interdepartmental database of opera companies’ contact information
• Knowledge of opera, classical music, theater, and/or other performing art forms
• Strong technical skills including MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) and experience with computer programming and/or database software (Filemaker, Bento, Salesforce, etc.)
• Social media savvy on all major platforms with a background in content creation that drives user engagement
• Capacity to manage multiple projects and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to interact with artists and staff professionally and handle confidential discreet matters with tact
• Must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited academic program at a college or university, at least freshman level, and be receiving academic credit for the internship.
E-mail required cover letter and résumé directly to email@example.com or fax to (415) 634-0203. No phone calls please. San Francisco Opera only retains résumés that are sent in response to specific, posted internship opportunities.
SAN FRANCISCO OPERA IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY OF STAFF