Network Support Engineer
PURPOSE: To provide system management and network operations support that ensures consistent and quality information processing and business application system resource management and availability across all departments of the San Francisco Opera.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in computer science from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience. CCNA, Azure certification a plus.
- Minimum of two years of experience working with Cisco routers and switches.
- Minimum of two years supporting Windows 10 in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with Cisco WiFi a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure a plus.
PREREQUISITE SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- TCP/IP networking protocols
- Able to demonstrate the use of SSH/Telnet etc. to manage and configure Cisco switches.
- Able to demonstrate Windows 10 Desktop and Windows Application experience, including Windows desktop utilities and Microsoft products including Office Suite.
- Work well across all departments to define and support best practices and implement effective processes for change.
- Ability to work independently, show initiative, prioritize duties and tasks, and exercise good judgment.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple, competing priorities.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including the ability to interact with all staff in a professional, confidential, and tactful manner.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Reliable daily attendance and punctuality.
- Perform all functions of the position in a safe manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists in the configuration and management of network infrastructure.
- Troubleshoots and resolves problems associated with local and wide area network environments.
- Troubleshoots and resolves problems associated user computer environment.
- Performs on-call duties as required.
- Collaborates with the other Network/Systems Administrators to ensure business continuity for all systems.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and evolving technologies relevant to the organization’s business.
- Provides supports with peripheral devices, as needed.
- Works evenings, nights, and weekends, as assigned.
- Manages key business vendor relationships for hardware and software and provides necessary support regarding related company information systems contracts.
- Supports maintenance of systems documentation and IS Department procedures.
- Keeps up with industry trends and evolving technologies relevant to the organization’s business.
- Assists with web server configuration and management of IS services.
- Maintains hardware and software inventory and manages hardware and software maintenance agreement tracking.
- Supports CIO in IS department capital budget planning.
- Supports peripheral devices (e.g., smart phone), as needed.
- Performs other job-related duties, as assigned.
EQUIPMENT OR MACHINES, IF ANY, THAT MUST BE OPERATED TO PERFORM THE POSITION ACCEPTABLY: Computer, printer, copier, telephone and other general office equipment and machines.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Indoors with temperature and noise levels typical of this environment
E-mail required job application, cover letter and résumé to email@example.com or fax to (415) 634-0203. No phone calls please. San Francisco Opera only retains résumés that are sent in response to specific, posted job openings.
SAN FRANCISCO OPERA IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY OF STAFF
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (EOE)
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS INTENDED TO BE AN OVERVIEW OF THE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE STATED POSITION AND IS NOT TO BE CONSTRUED AS ALL INCLUSIVE OF THE DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES OR REQUIREMENTS
Posted February 2021