Web and E-Commerce Marketing Manager
To optimize and maintain front-end web user experience and content to generate fandom and revenue and ensure a coherent presence across all interactive media channels.
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with a degree in a related field.
Minimum five (5) years of related work experience in marketing and web technologies.
PREREQUISITE SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Possess a strong understanding of web marketing technology
- Strong knowledge of HTML and CSS
- 2 or more years of experience using EpiServer CMS preferred
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
- Knowledge of search engine optimization and Google Grant management
- Experience with Shopify a plus
- Experience with GitHub or similar code deployment tool a plus
- Stellar verbal and written communication skills
- Experience providing statistical tracking and report information
- Experience managing multilayered projects
- Detail oriented and ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driving environment
- A collaborative spirit and ability to engage colleagues and leadership
- Excellent organizational skills and efficient time management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Proficiency in Tessitura revenue management system highly preferred
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- An appreciation of opera and classical music preferred
- A sense of humor
- Must perform the functions of the position in a safe manner
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Serve as primary content manager for SFO’s website and affiliated website (e.g., Opera Shop)
- Create, post, and maintain most web pages for www.sfopera.com and affiliated websites
- Ensure that the web pages are consistent in tone and language and reflect the overall strategy and brand of the institution
- Create, develop and maintain a consistent web style guide across the organization and its various channels and departments
- Set analytics benchmarks and goals; compile and distribute reports on web analytics; make recommendations based on thorough evaluation of analytics for SFO’s website and affiliated websites
- Understand and oversee online ticketing and online fundraising integration for www.sfopera.com in partnership with marketing department, Philanthropy and Audiences, Development IS, and Box Office
- Collaborate closely with IS department and external vendors on website maintenance, updates, SEO, planning and aligning marketing strategies with technology strategies
- Work with marketing department to strategize online advertising and advise on emergent interactive advertising opportunities and analytics to further revenue goals
- Further organizational efforts in online ticketing and fundraising initiatives
- Manage all aspects of daily online operations, including the website, job tracking, and production schedules and related online activities
- Keep ahead of web trends, innovations, and emergent interactive technologies; make recommendations on new features and applications to keep the San Francisco Opera's position as an innovator in the field
- Assist Email and Digital Marketing Manager as needed with creating and routing e-mails for editing and proofing
- Contribute as an active part of the marketing team supporting all audience development, patron retention, advertising, and promotional strategies to meet institutional goals
- Attend some evening and/or weekend performances/events as requested to perform related job functions
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
VI. EQUIPMENT OR MACHINES, IF ANY, THAT MUST BE OPERATED TO PERFORM THE POSITION ACCEPTABLY: Computer, printer, copier, telephone and other general office equipment and machines.
VII. WORKING CONDITIONS: Indoors with temperature and noise levels typical of this environment
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: E-mail required job application, cover letter and résumé to email@example.com or fax to (415) 634-0203. No phone calls please. San Francisco Opera only retains résumés that are sent in response to specific, posted job openings.
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for this position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
SAN FRANCISCO OPERA IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY OF STAFF